CNIPA Head: the Tasks of Shortening the Trademark and Patent Examination Time to be Completed in 2019
On February 12, Shen Changyu, Secretary of Party Leadership Group and Head of China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA) presided over a workshop to deploy the key work for the Party Leadership Group of CNIPA. Liao Tao, Member of Party Leadership Group and Deputy Head of CNIPA attended the meeting.
At the meeting, the officials of relevant departments of CNIPA centered around the key tasks deployment at the beginning of the year and discussed how to plan for implementation. Shen Changyu pointed out that 2019 is the first year for the reorganized CNIPA and it is of great significance to have a good beginning this year. As it was deployed at the national meeting of IP heads and the expansion meeting of Party Leadership Group, 11 key tasks were put forward. Next, how to complete the tasks becomes the center work.
It is required to
- further clarify the “timetable” and “road map” of key tasks implementation and strengthen accountability. -make more efforts on IPR protection, coordination in the revision of the Patent Law, faster establishment of an IPR system, improvement of the identification and IPR infringement criteria of trademark rights and patent rights, and establishment of a unified identification system for geographical indications.
- improve IPR application, deepen the reform of IPR-related equity distribution, give a play to the role of the IPR operational platform, promote the development of IP-intensive industries, implement the project of GI application and promotion and facilitate the targeted poverty alleviation.
- improve the level of IPR public service, deepen the reform of “distribution management”, work well on integrating of the basic information and resource platforms for IPR, and accelerate the establishment of national IP data center and information public service platform projects.
- deepen international cooperation on IPR, realize the operation of the first-batch WIPO technical innovation support centers, strengthen the multilateral and bilateral regional cooperation along the“Belt and Road”and with small countries and better support the country's opening-up.
- intensify the talent cultivation, enhance comprehensive support capabilities and provide strong support for talents in career development.
Source: CNIPA Wechat account