Mengmeng YuPresident Assistant Patent Attorney, Plant Variety Rights Agent
Dr. Yu obtained her Ph.D. degree of Food Biotechnology in China Agricultural University. She did intensive researches in the areas of horticulture, biotechnology and chemistry with funding supports from three top foundations in China. Before joining AFD China, She had been trained as a specialist in Chemical Analysis at IIBBL, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center and worked as a visiting scientist at Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture in Maryland, USA. Now Dr. Yu has obtained experience in patent-related matters.
- AFD China Intellectual Property Law Office (2012 - )
Patent engineer (2012-2014); Patent Attorney (2015- )
- IIBBL, BARC, USDA - ARS (2010 - 2011) Visiting Scientist
- Ph.D. of Engineering in Food Biotechnology, China Agricultural University
- Bachelor of Engineering in Food Science, China Agricultural University
- Training Programs on patent and intellectual property laws, other laws and legal system, China Intellectual Property Training Center, State Intellectual Property Office
- Training program on variety rights of agricultural plants, the Office for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants, Ministry of Agriculture
Technical Practice Areas
- Food science and engineering, biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biology engineering, biopharmaceutical, and analytical chemistry.
- Chinese and English
- All China Patent Attorneys Association
- China Intellectual Property Society